Our Certified Medication Aide, under close supervision, assists in performing routine duties to include medication administration, inventory control and storage of pharmaceutical items.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Certified Medication Aide Course
- One (1) year related experience in a medical environment preferred
- Certified as a Medication Aide in the state within which services are provided
- Must have current CPR Certification
- Preparing and administering prescribed medications to patients under the supervision of a licensed RN, and in compliance with all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and regulations governing the administration and documentation of medication.
- Adhering to all Facility policies and procedures and Pharmacy Board rules and regulation regarding the administration and documentation of narcotic medications.
- Performing medication administration responsibilities while adhering to all safety principles.
- Documenting administration of medication on the Medication Administration Record (MAR).
- Documenting medications not administered on the MAR, and the reason for not being administered.
- Adhering to proper infection control techniques during the medication administration process, including the incorporation of universal precautions when indicated.
- Recognizing and adhering to the six (6) rights of medication administration.
- Participating in data collection, medication audits, and other performance improvement activities related to medication administration.
- Reporting any adverse patient medication reactions immediately to a supervisor.
- Ensuring the medication cart remains clean and orderly.
- Reordering and replacing medications and medication administration supplies, as needed, to perform routine job responsibilities.
- Ensuring the confidentiality and rights of patients, the confidentiality of the health systems and department documents, and adhering to HIPAA Regulations.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Associated topics: acute, care, clinical assistant, crma, doula, midwife, nac, nurse, pcs, ward