The Vehicle Condition Assessor (VCA) position is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service, assessing, recording, and communicating information about appraisals to Buyers/Sr. Buyers/Purchasing Managers for analysis, assisting with customer transfers, completing lot merchandising activities, securing vehicles, and assisting the Purchasing team with additional daily functions as needed. A VCA may also be responsible for various wholesale auction responsibilities.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct accurate vehicle condition assessments by collecting, recording, and communicating all required information about customer appraisals for a Buyer, Senior Buyer, or Purchasing Manager s analysis.
- Accurate optioning of vehicles customer appraisals and CarMax inventory.
- Perform quality and timely imaging of inventory for CarMax.com.
- Complete vehicle secures, including reading and verifying appraisal sheet information for any discrepancies.
- Complete vehicle walkarounds including communicating information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist Purchasing Department with maintaining inventory and executing customer transfers.
- Partner with Inventory and Sales Departments to conduct lot merchandising, as needed.
- Assist the Purchasing Department with various other projects and office duties, as needed.
- Complete assigned tasks independently and follow up after completion.
Work requires ability to:
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Ability to follow detailed, standardized processes to complete work.
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Multi-task in a high energy, fast-pace work environment
- Speak and listen effectively when dealing with internal and external customers
- Function effectively within other departments in a team-oriented environment
- Successfully complete New Associate Orientation Training
- Successfully complete Timekeeping Training for Hourly Associates
- Successfully complete all required online training
- Requires walking, bending, kneeling or standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors or in any inclement weather environment for several hours
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holidays
- Requires CarMax work clothing to be worn at all times when working in the store (acquired through CarMax World)